Child Maltreatment in Context:
The Second Haruv International Conference
in collaboration with
Hebrew University, Paul Baerwald School of Social Work and Social Welfare
and Meyers-JDC-Brookdale Institute
The Haruv Institute (www.haruv.org.il) is pleased to announce its second international conference on child maltreatment, to be held at the Mount Scopus campus of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 7-8 December, 2017.
Child maltreatment involves a range of factors: intra-personal, inter-personal and environmental. The conference will emphasize the context in which child maltreatment occurs, its implications and ways to prevent and or better treat its victims. The conference aims to become a forum that promotes the discussion on maltreatment from a variety of disciplines: social sciences, humanities, medicine, nursing and public health, social work, law and criminology. The conference will include world known keynote speakers, and papers in symposia and parallel sessions.
We invite abstracts from faculty members and advanced students in higher education institutions; researchers and stakeholders in national agencies for social services, the law systems and health and mental health systems who study child and youth maltreatment. In addition we welcome presentations by professional workers in these areas.
• Prof. Anat Zeira, PhD - Haruv Institute and Hebrew University (Chair)
• Prop. Badi Hasisi, PhD - Hebrew University
• Prof. Irit Hershkowitz, PhD - Haifa University
• Dr. Carmit Katz, PhD - Tel-Aviv University
• Dr. Chana Katz, PhD - Sapir College
• Prof. Eitan Kerem, MD - Hadassah Hospital and Hebrew University
• Prop. Julia Mirsky, PhD - Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
• Dr. Dafna Tener, PhD - Hebrew University
• Dr. Rachel Szabo-Lael, PhD - Meyers-JDC-Brookdale Institute
November 1, 2017.