The program’s structure for those beginning study in the 2017-2018 academic year:
- Research track – 32 credits. The students are required to submit a thesis.
- Non-research track – 38 credits, no thesis required.
- Direct PhD program – students will study 38 credits, see section on PhD studies
The program lasts three academic years, one year of supplementary studies and two years of the MSW program. Classes take place on one day a week and in concentrated courses during the semester break and at the end of the academic year. In additional, during the first two years of study, students are required to participate in practical training for two days a week (Mondays and Wednesdays). It is not possible to split the program between additional years.
Exemption and recognition of previous studies
- A student requesting exemption from courses on the grounds of previous MA studies will submit a form requesting recognition of courses
- A student with an MA in another subject may request to decrease his studies in this subject, in the research track up to 6 credits, and in the non-research track up to 10 credits. In any case the decision will be made by the head of the program, according to the relevance and suitability of the courses to the current MSW program
For details of the program’s structure for those who began study in previous years, see the following lesson plans: