These students are required to take 6 credits of supplementary studies as follows:
- Historical and philosophical roots of social work practice.
- Welfare policy in comparative perspective.
- An additional course that will be decided on by the supervisor together with the head of the doctoral program. The course will be chosen, according to the student’s prior studies, from the following fields of study:
- Theories of family intervention
- Advanced theories of personality
- Organizational theory
- Civil society and the third sector
In addition, the student must take 12 credits that are connected to the dissertation topic, according to the decision of the accompanying committee.